Failing brakes is always a scary occurrence, especially when you notice a symptom while driving. Your vehicle's brakes are extremely important to the overall safety of your vehicle, so regular brake maintenance and understanding certain symptoms of brake problems is key.
It is recommended that your brakes should be in top working condition at all times to ensure your safety on the road. If you ever suspect an issue with your brakes, you should have your vehicle inspected by an expert here at Sil's Complete Auto Care Centre as soon as possible. Brake problems can stem from a number of different things, including leaks, worn brake pads, warped rotors, and more.
Here are some symptoms that indicate failing brakes:
- The brake system warning light has turned on
- Your car pulls to one side while braking
- The brake pedal vibrates while braking
- The steering wheel vibrates while braking
- You notice a lack of performance
- Leaking fluid underneath car
- The brake pedal feels spongy or goes to the floor
- A squealing or grinding noise while braking
If you notice any of the symptoms listed above, there may be an issue with the brake system. As soon as you notice an issue, don’t hesitate to have your vehicle inspected. Ignoring a brake problem can be extremely risky and can make the problem even worse, leading to a complete brake failure.
If you're in need of a brake repair or service, don't hesitate to bring your vehicle into the professionals here at Sil's Complete Car Care Centre today!